Monday, August 20, 2012

Finding My Mojo

                                                                                                                                  
I lost my mojo for awhile, a long while. Today I actually did a quick freehand drawing of someone. Yep, she's a little crooked and distorted, but it is what it is, a start, and it didn't take me weeks and weeks.  Just sat down and started to draw realizing how out of practice I had become. Maybe she's my crooked and distorted alter ego. She does have a smile on her face though and obviously younger than I am. I might need to change my style and possibly medium too. I need and want things quicker and maybe stop trying to be so precise. Might just change to graphite drawings, with only a touch of color. I should also stop being so attracted to portraits and start drawing anything that catches my eye or imagination. So now I'm struggling with myself. Whatever I do, I need to just do it. Not because I have to but because I want to, realizing that it makes me happy. It doesn't matter if it's good or not. It's my outlet and I do it for me. I see some trees coming in the future and sunset on the Mississippi.

No comments: