Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Three Kids Portrait

Just completed a portrait of 3 kids. I thought the whole photo reference was so good. A lot of unique, cute things from the background door and steps to the bottom, laceless shoes. The plaid shirt, the red cast and little tutu, were all added attractions and of course the cute kids. I really enjoyed doing this one. I enjoy doing all my artwork but with a good clear photo reference, it makes the final portrait so much better because the detail is easily seen.
I took pictures and updated it regularly on facebook as it progressed, so that the person it was going to could see the progress. I have to admit, it was a challenge! A challenge that I loved. It took a lot of time in colored pencil, but it was worth the time. So here's the completed portrait. It's 16" X 20" Colored pencil.

No comments: