Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Pencil trial

I've been trying my hand at pastel and watercolor pencils. I bought a bunch of them last summer when an art gallery was closing and had them discounted. I'm just now getting around to using them and so far I'm kind of liking both of them. I'm doing a dahlia on black paper and the pastels are looking good. The watercolor pencils look much better on white paper, in my opinion. It's good to try different things now and then, but I'm still sold on my colored pencils, I just like the detail, especially in portraits, maybe because I've been using them for so long and I'm just use to them, or maybe, it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks.
Summer is coming up fast! School will be out in about 7 more weeks. I have been busy with artwork along with working at the school. I plan on entering more shows and exhibits this summer. It will be a nice change after being confined during the winter with all the snow. This time of the year I always start drawing flowers, it's just good to see them again. I'll post the a picture of the dahlia soon.

No comments: