Sunday, March 28, 2010

Time for myself

I have the audio book "The Success Principles on my Ipod. I know most people use their Ipod's for music. I have some music on mine but mostly audio books. I love reading, sometimes it's just easier to listen to audio books. Anyway, I like the book "The Success Principles". I've been consumed with it actually and making notes of things I should be doing to get organized and get myself going. Since I'm that into the audio version I had to buy the book too, so as soon as Barnes & Noble opened I was on my way there. The book is much thicker that I thought it would be, about 450 pages. I thought to myself this is going to take forever to get through! I do recommend it though. I've already got a lot of helpful advice. It spells out 64 helpful principles used by successful people.
It's a good book for me. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in doing artwork that other parts of the business is ignored. I also pick up the book, "The Richest Man in Babylon". I've been wanting that book and just kind of forgot about it until I saw it at the book store. I was on my way to the checkout counter and just saw it as I was walking by, so I had to get it. I figured it was there for me to see. Nothing is a coincidence.
For the past couple of weeks that's what I have been doing, educating myself, not only in art but also other things that need my attention, including my family and the dogs of course. So I'm really not having a dry spell, I am preparing and learning :)
The memoir I'm working on has also been helpful. I'll be the first to admit I know very little about writing a book and to tell you the truth at this point it's not so good. It doesn't matter though, it's good for me. I will continue to work on it, re-writing and adding to it. I might even change the whole thing, I don't know.I do know it has been beneficial to me. The past has brought me to where I am today and now I understand that it all happened for a reason. Even the fact that I'm writing the memoir is something I'm suppose to be doing. I think everyone should write a memoir.

No comments: