Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Portrait drawing and Patience

It's been a busy week but a fun week. I've been going over plans with my artwork and learning different techniques. I had even thought about doing something else besides portraits, that thought didn't really last that long. I can't stop doing portraits. I am going to add to it though with more portraits of homes and buildings along with the people and pets.
I like doing artwork that brings up feelings. A home does that just as much as a living person or pet. A childhood home is a cool thing to do and has lots of meaning for the recipient. I guess there are a lot of things that fits in that category, like the yellow rose that my mother in law grew and pampered. My real area of interest in artwork is something that brings up a memory for a keepsake that has special meaning and I love doing expressive portraits. Portraits can be a challenge but I love doing them. The definition of "patience" is; "the ability to endure waiting, delay, or provocation without becoming annoyed or upset, or to persevere calmly when faced with difficulties." That just might be my definition of portrait drawing too, but it's so worth it and so rewarding.

No comments: