Saturday, January 23, 2010

Not a winter person

I don't think I've ever been a winter person, not even as a kid. For me sledding and ice skating were OK as long as it wasn't cold outside, so of course I didn't do either of those very much. I did like waking up and seeing the first snow fall of the season, (looking out a window).

This winter so far we've had tons of snow. We had an ice storm which coated the trees and everything else including the snow already on the ground. Yesterday ice chunks were falling from the trees along with tree limbs. I was ducking my head driving home from work because of ice falling all over, like that would do any good :) The ice looks like broken glass laying on the sidewalks and streets. Today we're getting rain. But you know, with all the terrible things going on in the world stuff like this is so minor. I realize I'm actually blessed to experience the weather. Here in Iowa you never know what's coming next and even though I don't like it, I know it will change.

No comments: