Saturday, December 19, 2009

Finished Isaac

I finished the portrait of Isaac. It's 14" X 17" in colored pencil. It was a challenge for sure. The reference photo his grandma gave me lacked detail and was very small. He was also younger than he is now. I had to do it though, no...I wanted to do it. She told me this picture of him was special to her because he looked like a little Angel. I had to agree, he does look pretty sweet. Isaac also has a health condition. This website tells a little more about Isaac http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/isaac Some things in life just aren't fair, especially when it involves a child.
His grandma is happy with the portrait and I'm happy she likes it. It would be great if they could find a cure for Isaac, perhap they will soon.

3 comments:

Steven Barchus said...

Hi Joyce, Vicki sent me your link. I want you to know how much we appreciate your work. Our son is an Angel in our eyes, and it means a lot to us that you have done this for us. I just wanted to say thank you.

Steven Barchus

Joyce said...

It was my pleasure. Thank you

SueB said...

The portrait is beautiful. Isaac now has a diagnosis of CANDLE syndrome, one of 9 children int he world with this disease. Besides his caringbridge site you can also follow him on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Isaac-Barchus/166151370132661