Friday, June 26, 2009

Kentucky Mule


The mule is finished and a nice looking mule I might add, being it's my first mule. The portrait was done in Prismacolor pencils on bristol vellum paper. It's 17" X 14". It will be on it's way to Kentucky soon. This will be my second piece of artwork hanging around Kentucky. It's kind of cool to have my work in other states! The background was different for me too, the trees were fun to do. I had the feeling of being in the woods and having a mule peeking at me through the trees. Now that's what I call getting into my work! I guess I just like the look on the mule's face. When I draw animals it's something about their eye's that attracts me. I always wonder what they were thinking at the time. I'm guessing I figure it out pretty accurately. Of course who can say for sure.

No comments: