Sunday, September 21, 2008

Time to work on goals!

It's time for me to start working on goals. Past time as a matter of fact. At this point my definition of success is sticking to my goals and deadlines. My number 1 goal right now is to get ready to be juried into the art festival. Who says it can't be done? Not me! I have till October 31st, it can be done. I need to work on my artist statement, have 6 drawings ready to be judged and hire a photographer to take pictures of my artwork and booth. It's doable. So I'm going for it. The reason is I have to, if that makes sense to anyone. It's like stepping out of my box and saying, look, this is what I do, I can compete with the best of them, and this would be the best of them. My motivation is pretty simple actually, it's wanting to do my best and showing it. In return for putting in the work I'll gain experience and work towards improvement and creative ideas. Accepted or denied I'll learn from the experience. It's all about pushing forward, doing what I like to do and letting others enjoy it.

No comments: