Monday, July 21, 2008

What a wake up call!

This morning I was awaken at 3:00 by a huge storm. Nothing like waking up with the wind howling and no electricity, along with the tornado sirens going off. Ed was already up, I guess he decided to let me sleep peacefully through it all. Anyway I decided it was in my best interest to get up to see what was going on. As I walked in the kitchen, through the patio doors I could see the umbrella in our patio table lift smoothly out and sail onto the deck. It looked like someone just lifted it out of there. Then I check out the front of the house. The dogwood tree was down. Completely tipped over into the front yard. It wasn't looking good.

So here's a picture of what use to be my dogwood tree. It was twisted and broken right at ground level. Ed spent his day with his handy dandy chain saw. He's been keeping busy while he's been off work ;)

No comments: