Sunday, July 13, 2008

Reach Out

I haven't decided what to name this drawing yet. It's a taste of my change in style and subject matter. I started it this weekend and amazingly finished this weekend. Once again one of those things where I got totally caught up in it and time vanished. So it was about 3 o'clock this morning when I finished.


The idea behind it is breaking free from old patterns and exploring bigger and better things. Not being held prisoner to the past and finding your light. That's the idea behind it anyway. Now finding a reference photo for it was my challenge. Because we all know I have to have a reference photo. I'm not one to just sit down and draw a hand, I have to see it in front of me. That's something else I have to work on I guess.


The creative thought was there, I could see the picture in my mind. All I needed was handcuffs and 2 guys ( I know it sounds pretty kinky). So in comes my family, the handcuffs were easy. I called my daughter and asked if she had any. Well, she had a set but they were pink and furry. She knew someone who had some I could borrow though. Now the hard part, convincing my husband and son to be hand models, one of them had to put the cuffs on, but only on one wrist. There was no doubt that Ed was going to be "God". My son reluctantly gave in out of respect for his dad ;) This was decided after an hour or two of convincing them to even pose for it. They both decide they would knowing I wasn't going to leave them alone and they both like the fact I cook for them. The universe of course had to be just out of my head.


So, that's the story behind this ;) It's 12" X 12" on black art paper.
I'm open for suggestions on the title.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Joyce I like this very much, it's a very spiritual piece. "Reach Out" is good or maybe find a verse in the Bible from which you can gleen a title.

Sandy

Joyce said...

Thanks Sandy. I was inspired to do this. I've been wanting to change the style of my drawings for a while now and finally decided to listen. Spiritual ideas was what kept coming to me.