Thursday, June 26, 2008

News and this and that

I've started a new drawing it's of a picture I took after the flood. It sounds kind of weird but I saw a tennis shoe in a sewer with water rushing over it and for some reason found it interesting. I'll be posting pictures once it gets a little farther along. I'll be doing that in between a private commission I'm doing of a home, it's almost finished. The house is beautiful and turning out nicely.

I'm on vacation from my other job so I'll have more time to get things done. Of course the Des Moines Arts Festival is this weekend so there's no doubt about it I'll be taking time out for that too. Ed hasn't been called back to work yet so he's still sticking with our original vacation days. We have no plans now but it still feels good to have time to do whatever. This coming Thursday, July 3rd, we have 4 birthday's. My daughter's, the twins and yours truly :) I've lost 35 pounds and still counting preparing for this event. It's swimsuit time!

No comments: