Saturday, April 26, 2008

Great book: I'd Rather Be In the Studio

I started this blog over a year ago, making art and blogging a little here and there. Today, April 26, 2008, The time has come to get down to the business of art. I purchased the book "I'd Rather Be In The Studio" by Alyson B Stanfield and I highly recommend it if you are an artist who like me, created artwork without a plan. Now I have an idea of where to begin and what it takes to get where I want to go as an Artist.

The first thing I'm doing is making a schedule for myself. I always blamed my day job for not getting artwork finished. Enough of that. There are 24 hours in a day, I only do that job 8 hours. That leaves 16 hours, of course I do have to sleep but not 16 hours! Then take out time for dressing, grooming and personal things. So the truth is I do have time. It all comes down to setting priorities. Follow along with me as I learn and do what it takes, who knows before too long that day job may be history.

1 comment:

Alyson B. Stanfield said...

Joyce, thanks for the mention. I'm glad to see that the book has inspired you. Keep it up!