Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Christmas Landscape

I decided to try something a little different for me and do a landscape, what the heck. I found it takes almost just as much time as a portrait does. I suppose the advantage is that it doesn't have to be as precise as a portrait. Since it's winter now I chose a winter scene. It was a good experience drawing mountains, sky, snow and ice. I liked the colors and how the light reflected. Even though I really don't like winter time, I liked the serenity in the drawing. A fresh snowfall really is beautiful, it isn't that I don't like winter, I just don't like trying to get around on ice! In Iowa we always get a layer of ice beneath the snow. It's an annual event that I fall on the porch going out the door. Anyway, back to the drawing, I titled it:


"Christmas Landscape"
11" X 14"

No comments: